- March 2016
- 0 Comments
Are you looking for a trustworthy, professional furnace repair service in Valparaiso, Lowell, Griffith, or Porter County? Meyer’s Companies has been serving the Northwestern Indiana area for years, and we’ve earned our reputation for excellent service and professional integrity. Make sure that you know exactly what you need to know when you’re calling a contractor for heating repair service with us.
Heat pumps need to be serviced yearly by a reliable HVAC technician. When you call Meyer’s Companies to do a yearly maintenance check for your heat pump, our technician will:
- Check the belts on the heat pump and replace them if the belt is worn down
- Check and replace the filters
- Inspect the wiring to ensure that there are no shorts or frayed wires
- Oil any moving parts to ensure smooth operation
A gas furnace that uses a forced air heating system needs some basic maintenance. You should make sure to change the furnace filter every month during a season of heavy heating, and get the circulating fan oiled at least once a year.
Call in a professional every year to check the heat exchanger, the ducts, and the flue. The technician should also adjust the burner to ensure an efficient distribution of heat.
An oil-burning boiler for water or heat will need annual maintenance. When you call a technician from Meyer’s Companies for your oil-burning boiler’s regular check, they will:
- Clean the flue
- Clean and adjust the fuel jets
- Change the fuel filter
Get the Best Service
Meyer’s Companies is proud of the professionalism, efficiency, and expertise that all of our technicians display on every call. We follow best practices for furnace, air conditioner, and climate control repair, such as:
- When you contact us for a repair, we’ll show up on time and immediately contact you if there is an unavoidable delay
- In an emergency furnace repair situation, we’ll attend to your needs as promptly as possible and give you a precise estimate of when we’ll arrive at your home
- We’ll provide a full and complete estimate of the cost of each service before we begin your repair, and we’ll never charge you more than the estimated price
- We’ll bring all the tools and parts we need to repair your model of furnace or air conditioner so that you won’t have to wait for your repair to be completed
- We’ll perform a thorough diagnostic on your HVAC system so that we know exactly what’s wrong before we fix it. This can save valuable time and money in repairs, ensuring that no unnecessary repairs are performed
- We’ll perform the necessary repairs quickly, efficiently, and with accuracy so that you’ll never have to call us back to fix a botched job or perform an additional repair that we didn’t catch the first time
- We’ll use drop cloths and protective shoe coverings to keep you home clean, and we’ll thoroughly clean up the area after our repair to ensure that you don’t have to do any extra work
How to Pick Your HVAC Repair Company
We know that Meyer’s Companies is the best HVAC repair company in area. Don’t take our word for it! Make sure you do your research on any HVAC contractor you hire.
- Get referrals from family, friends, neighbors, or co-workers for heating and air conditioning repair specialists. Word of mouth can be the best research.
- If you’re picking an HVAC contractor for commercial heating or cooling repair, ask the company for references and contact the other companies who have employed your prospective HVAC company.
- Request written estimates. A good HVAC company will provide you with a free estimate and home evaluation, whether you need a repair or an installation.
- Check licensing and insurance. A competent contractor will be licensed by your state, and will carry insurance in case of damage to your home.
- Make sure your company carries Energy Star products. Energy Star cooling and heating appliances are guaranteed to meet the rigorous qualifications and energy standards set by the EPA. It’s not just a mark of quality, it saves you energy and money in the long run.
Get Your Furnace Repaired Today
Do you need your furnace repaired or inspected by professional heating and cooling technicians today? Meyer’s Companies can have our techs out your way as soon as possible! For assistance in the Griffith area, call us at 219-595-2932, and for assistance in the Valparaiso area, call us at 219-934-7928.