HVAC Services in Hammond
Improve the Comfort in Your Home with Meyer’s
Throughout the year, you rely on your heating and cooling system to keep your home comfortable. When your HVAC system is not operating at its peak efficiency, the comfort levels in your home suffer. This can lead to hot and cold spots, noisy air ducts, and general discomfort. Our Hammond HVAC experts can help. In addition to providing you with superior heating and cooling repairs, we can also provide you with seasonal maintenance to ensure your system works when you need it to.
To learn more about our HVAC services in Hammond, call (219) 240-0610.
Are You Ready to Upgrade Your HVAC System?
Your heating and cooling system, if properly maintained, will last for years. However, as your system begins to reach the end of its life cycle, you may notice that it is no longer working as well as it once did. Additionally, you may find that over time, your needs change, and you are dissatisfied with your current system. If you find yourself struggling with your current HVAC system, it might be time to consider replacing it with a newer model.
Signs it may be time to replace your HVAC system include:
- Your utility bills have steadily been increasing
- The current system doesn’t keep your home at comfortable temperatures
- Your current system has frequent repair issues
- To maintain a comfortable temperature, your system has to run continuously
- Your current heater or air conditioning unit is not adequate for your home's size
- You are looking to improve the air quality in your home
Newer HVAC systems have more advanced technologies and are more energy-efficient than older units. Upgrading your HVAC system also allows you the opportunity to customize your home to fit your personal needs. At Meyer's, our Hammond heater installation and AC replacement team offer free estimates on HVAC installations and can help you design the system that best fits your needs.
Is Aging Ductwork Negatively Impacting Your Home?
Ductwork is often the most neglected part of an HVAC system because it is hidden from everyday view. Your ducts run through wall, crawl, attic, and basement spaces carrying conditioned air to your home’s living spaces. Aging ductwork can begin to have issues that compromise the efficacy of the airflow, as well as overall energy efficiency.
Depending on the age and condition of your ducts, repairs or replacement may be needed to get your system working efficiently again. The following are indicators that aging ductwork is negatively impacting your Hammond-area home:
- Your home's air ducts are 15 years old or more. If your home was built in the 1990s or prior, the ducts were probably designed according to cost efficiency, rather than energy efficiency. Now, HVAC contractors use Manual D to adequately size and design ductwork for the most efficient layout and air delivery. Have your ducts inspected to see if a redesign is in order.
- Ducts are corroded or leaky. Over time, duct materials, mastic tape and caulk can corrode and will cause the joints and seams to split or disconnect completely. If you are able to peek into your crawl spaces or up over the attic hatch, take a look at the exposed ductwork and see if you notice any gaps, peeling tape, or signs of rust. Dust streaks running away from the seams are another sign of leakage. Leaks are a common airflow obstruction and are a major source of energy waste.
- Inconsistent airflow. Walk room to room while your HVAC system is working. If some areas have weaker airflow than others, it is a sign that ducts have large leaks, disconnections, or collapsed segments. We encourage you to schedule a duct blower test with one of our Hammond HVAC technicians. This test takes a measurement of the airflow through the ducts, and can provide an exact ratio of air leakage to airflow.
Your HVAC contractor will be able to advise you on whether your ducts can be repaired, or if a full redesign would be more cost-effective in the long run. Contact Meyer’s today if you suspect aging ductwork is affecting your home’s HVAC system.
Your Full-Service HVAC Pros
We are proud to offer superior HVAC services in Hammond. From fixing a leaking AC unit to duct cleaning, we can handle any job. We believe in giving honest guidance to our customers. We never pressure you to purchase products or services you do not need. When you work with us, your satisfaction is our number one priority. Our Hammond heating and cooling technicians are always professional and will always treat your home with care.
To discuss your HVAC issue with a Hammond heater repair and AC installation expert, call (219) 240-0610. We have same-day appointments and 24-hour emergency services.
Work was done quickly and I was all warm and cozy again- Happy Customer
The technicians are skilled, professional and friendly- Happy Customer
They did great work- Danny M.
In the end, they fixed the problem- Happy Customer
Very happy with their work and especially with the prices- Karen O.