Griffith Heating Services
Helping You Fight the Chill With Furnace Installation in Griffith and Surrounding Areas
In both cold and mild climates, an energy-efficient heating appliance provides warmth and comfort when the outdoor temperature begins to fall. A furnace or heat pump purchase is a significant investment in complex technology, and it is important to choose a heating contractor certified and trained in all aspects of heating repair, design, and installation. Homeowners who replace an obsolete furnace with a new 90% AFUE rated model can save up to 30% on the annual cost of heating utilities.
To learn more, contact Meyer’s at (219) 240-0610! We are your leading heating system experts.
Types of Heating Appliances
In most homes or commercial buildings, either a furnace or heat pump provides the heat. The selection of heating equipment should be based primarily on fuel availability and local climate conditions.
What are the differences between a furnace and a heat pump?
- Furnace – In furnace operation, the relay opens when the thermostat calls for heat. An inducer fan activates, and a valve opens to inject a precise amount of gas into the burner assembly. An electronic ignition system then ignites the gas and the burner heats up the gas to the air heat exchanger. When the heat exchanger reaches the required temperature, the blower engages and draws heated air into the living area. Furnaces are efficient, reliable, and require minimal maintenance. They are popular in areas where natural gas is available and priced competitively.
- Heat pump – Heat pumps operate in the same manner as an air conditioner, employing the refrigeration cycle to exchange thermal energy. The primary difference is that a heat pump includes a reversing valve, which allows the refrigerant to flow in the opposite direction when the unit is in heating mode. Heat pumps are appropriate in areas that have a mild winter climate or where there is no access to natural gas. In certain regions of the country where outdoor temperatures are consistently near freezing, heat pump performance is significantly diminished. Lower outdoor temperatures rapidly degrade efficiency since the available heat in a given volume of air is substantially reduced.
Griffith Furnace Installation
A successful furnace or heat pump installation consists of several stages beginning with the establishment of the capacity requirements of the home or office the equipment will service. An oversized unit can cause excessive noise, drafts, and inadequate air movement. At Meyer’s, we conduct a complete energy assessment on the building envelope to identify inexpensive opportunities to save energy and reduce the cost of the heating equipment.
After selecting the appropriate heating appliance, factory-trained Griffith heater installation technicians will install the unit to exacting standards, so the performance of the equipment will conform to the manufacturer’s specifications.
Signs You Need A New Furnace Installation
1. Old age - Furnaces can last anywhere from 20-30 years so if yours is much older than that, think twice before throwing more money into repairing your unit.
2. Poor indoor air quality - Gas furnaces have the tendency to pump out dry heat as they get older. So if you notice an uptick in wilting plants or dry skin then get in touch with our Griffith furnace installation experts about getting a new unit.
3. Utility bills on the rise - All HVAC units get a little bit older as they age. If you notice an increase in your utility that powers your furnace it could be time to get a new one.
4. Repair after repair - Our furnace repair technicians will always be out to fix your unit, but you shouldn't be getting to know them personally because of one repair after another. At some point one more furnace repair call is going to be more expensive when you consider replacement is around the corner.
5. An incredibly expensive repair - When it comes to repairing an old unit, our Griffith furnace installation experts will always walk you through the decision of repair vs replacement.
Fast, Reliable Repairs
A malfunctioning furnace can have an adverse effect on our health and safety, especially in small children and the elderly. When the HVAC equipment fails, it is important to hire a professional heating contractor with extensive experience in all aspects of heating repair.
Upon receiving a service call, we rapidly dispatch our NATE-certified technicians to accurately identify the source of the problem and quickly replace the faulty components to restore the full functionality of the unit.
Total Heating Services in Griffith
Meyer’s provides customers in our service area with a wide array of comprehensive heating and air conditioning services. Our extensive knowledge and experience relating to airflow and the refrigeration cycle is your assurance that every system we service will continue to operate dependably and efficiently throughout the equipment lifecycle.
Stay warm and cozy at home or your place of business. Call Meyer’s at (219) 240-0610 for reliable heating services in Griffith!
Work was done quickly and I was all warm and cozy again- Happy Customer
The technicians are skilled, professional and friendly- Happy Customer
They did great work- Danny M.
In the end, they fixed the problem- Happy Customer
Very happy with their work and especially with the prices- Karen O.