For most homeowners, A/C maintenance isn’t really something they get excited about until something goes wrong. And when something goes wrong in the middle of the summer heat, it’s not a pleasant thing to have to deal with.
That’s why it’s so important to make sure your A/C is properly taken care of. If you want to keep your cooling system in the most efficient shape possible, it’s just as important to call a professional for a checkup as it is for repairs and installation.
Why it’s Important to Schedule A/C Maintenance Early
Keeping your A/C in good condition gives you more years of home cooling comfort before you’ll have to deal with the hassle of trying to decide whether to repair or replace your system. It prevents more expensive issues from developing and keeps your A/C ready to go when you need it. Scheduling your maintenance now means you’ll be able to get ahead of any problems before it gets too hot and you really need your cooling system.
What Will A/C Maintenance Do for Your System?
Regular maintenance improves your system’s ability to cool quickly and efficiently, so your equipment will last longer and your energy costs will be lower. Maintenance generally includes:
- Clean condenser coils, grills, register, return air vents, evaporator fins/coils
- Check level of refrigerant, adjust if too low or high
- Inspect condensate drain and clear blockages
- Check controls & full cycle of system
- Lubricate condenser and blower motors
- Clean and adjust blower components
- Calibrate thermostat
- Check and tighten electrical connections
- & more!
Take Part in Maintaining Your A/C
In addition to signing up for an A/C maintenance plan, there are a few things you can do yourself to boost your system’s efficiency:
- Clean or replace the air filter every month or so during cooling season.
- Keep the part of outdoor portion of the A/C shaded from the sun with trees, shrubbery or awnings.
- Maintain at least two feet of clearance around the A/C for warm air to escape to help prevent overheating
Contact Meyer’s today to schedule A/C maintenance before things really heat up this year.