Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical Services in Hammond
Work with the Professional Team from Meyer’s
If you are upgrading the systems in your home, you want to make sure you work with professionals experienced in HVAC, plumbing, and electrical services. Selecting a new air conditioner or dishwasher is not as easy as it sounds. It is important you install appliances that are both appropriate for your home and meet your personal needs. An experienced, full-service contractor, like ours at Meyer's, will be able to discuss your needs and your current set up and help you select the products and services that best fit your needs without overloading your system.
For personalized HVAC, plumbing, and electrical services in Hammond, call our experts at (219) 240-0610.
Reliable Repair Services
You don't get to choose when your air conditioning breaks or when your sewer line backs up. With this in mind, we strive to always be available to our customers. In addition to same-day repair services, we also offer 24-hour emergency services. When you have a problem, our team is there to help you.
We offer a full range of services, including:
- Air conditioning repair
- Heating repair
- Plumbing repair
- Leak detection and repair
- Video camera inspections
- Electrical repair
- Electric service panel repair and upgrades
Our plumbers, electricians, and HVAC specialists in Hammond are all fully trained and NATE-certified. We believe in providing every customer with honest guidance and expert-quality repairs. When you hire us to solve your home system problem, we will provide you with an accurate diagnosis, plenty of repair options, and a free estimate. Our goal is to empower you to make repair decisions with confidence.
Is Aging Ductwork Negatively Impacting Your Home?
Ductwork is often the most neglected part of an HVAC system because it is hidden from everyday view. Your ducts run through wall, crawl, attic, and basement spaces carrying conditioned air to your home’s living spaces. Aging ductwork can begin to have issues that compromise the efficacy of the airflow, as well as overall energy efficiency.
Depending on the age and condition of your ducts, repairs or replacement may be needed to get your system working efficiently again. The following are indicators that aging ductwork is negatively impacting your Hammond-area home:
- Your home's air ducts are 15 years old or more. If your home was built in the 1990s or prior, the ducts were probably designed according to cost efficiency, rather than energy efficiency. Now, HVAC contractors use Manual D to adequately size and design ductwork for the most efficient layout and air delivery. Have your ducts inspected to see if a redesign is in order.
- Ducts are corroded or leaky. Over time, duct materials, mastic tape and caulk can corrode and will cause the joints and seams to split or disconnect completely. If you are able to peek into your crawl spaces or up over the attic hatch, take a look at the exposed ductwork and see if you notice any gaps, peeling tape, or signs of rust. Dust streaks running away from the seams are another sign of leakage. Leaks are a common airflow obstruction and are a major source of energy waste.
- Inconsistent airflow. Walk room to room while your HVAC system is working. If some areas have weaker airflow than others, it is a sign that ducts have large leaks, disconnections, or collapsed segments. We encourage you to schedule a duct blower test with one of our Hammond HVAC technicians. This test takes a measurement of the airflow through the ducts, and can provide an exact ratio of air leakage to airflow.
Your HVAC contractor will be able to advise you on whether your ducts can be repaired, or if a full redesign would be more cost-effective in the long run. Contact Meyer’s today if you suspect aging ductwork is affecting your home’s HVAC system.
Keep Your Systems Maintained
If your home is older, or if you've never had your plumbing, electrical, or HVAC system inspected, now is an excellent time to schedule one with a professional contractor. We have been in business since 1951, and we know first-hand how essential routine maintenance and inspections are. Our heating, cooling, plumbing, and electrical experts in Hammond are standing by to share their 60+ years of experience with you. We can teach you how to keep your systems working at maximum efficiency.
Schedule an inspection of your plumbing, electrical, and/or HVAC system today. Call Meyer’s at (219) 240-0610.
Work was done quickly and I was all warm and cozy again- Happy Customer
The technicians are skilled, professional and friendly- Happy Customer
They did great work- Danny M.
In the end, they fixed the problem- Happy Customer
Very happy with their work and especially with the prices- Karen O.