Furnace Repair & Installation in Griffith
Northwest Indiana's Furnace Experts—Available 24/7!
Your furnace keeps you warm and cozy when it’s cold outside, and you rely on its power. But it’s important to make sure that your heating system is in good condition no matter what the temperature is outside. A furnace is a serious investment, and it’s important to have a trustworthy contractor who will ensure that your furnace continues to run for years to come. Let Meyer’s be your choice for furnace services in Griffith and throughout the South Chicagoland area. Our technicians have been carefully trained in every aspect of furnace repair and installation, and we’ll be able to make sure that your heating system is perfectly maintained for your comfort today.
Need a furnace expert? Call Meyer’s at (219) 240-0610! We are standing by at all hours of the day or night.
How Furnaces Keep You Warm & Comfortable
Furnaces start to work when you adjust the thermostat for more heat. A relay opens in the furnace, and that starts an inducer fan to begin the heating process. A valve will then inject a carefully measured amount of fuel such as gas or oil into a burner assembly. With an electronic ignition system, the fuel ignites and the burner starts to heat up the gas to the heat exchanger. When the exchanger has reached the necessary temperature, the blower will start to draw warm air into your living or working area. Any of these parts can break and cause your furnace to stop functioning.
Common Furnace Repair Issues
When your furnace malfunctions, it can make your business or home uncomfortable or even dangerous for those who are sensitive to cold. Make sure that you call a professional heating technician with an extensive understanding of your heating system or appliance.
Some of the most common furnace repair issues include:
- Wear and tear of components - Over time it's natural that some parts and pieces will become worn out, take note of any odd smells or sounds coming from your unit.
- Dirty filters - Proper airflow is a necessity when it comes to a finely tuned HVAC unit. If you're not getting the heating you need, contact our Griffith furnace repair experts.
- Electric ignition problems - If your unit isn't turning on, try checking the fuse or testing another appliance in the same socket. If those aren't your issues then get in touch with our furnace repair experts to get your unit back and operational.
- Thermostat problems - If your furnace isn't getting your indoor air temperature to the settings on your thermostat, it could be that your thermostat is off or your heating element needs adjustments.
- Frequent cycling - If your unit has been working fine and is short-cycling all of a sudden it's likely your compressor that's on the fritz and could use a visit from our furnace repair experts.
When you call Meyer’s for a repair, we’ll send out our NATE-certified technicians to service your system. They’ll accurately identify the source of the problem and replace any faulty components immediately so your furnace can perform at peak efficiency again.
Griffith Furnace Installation
A successful furnace installation consists of several stages, beginning with the establishment of the capacity requirements of the home or office the equipment will service. An oversized unit can cause excessive noise, drafts, and inadequate air movement. At Meyer’s, we conduct a complete energy assessment on the building envelope to identify inexpensive opportunities to save energy and reduce the cost of the heating equipment.
After selecting the appropriate furnace, one of our factory-trained Griffith furnace installation technicians will install the unit to exacting standards, so the performance of the equipment will conform to the manufacturer’s specifications.
Signs You Need a New Furnace
- Old age - Furnaces can last anywhere from 20-30 years, so if yours is much older than that, think twice before throwing more money into repairing your unit.
- Poor indoor air quality - Gas furnaces have the tendency to pump out dry heat as they get older. So if you notice an uptick in wilting plants or dry skin, get in touch with our Griffith furnace installation experts about getting a new unit.
- Utility bills on the rise - All HVAC units get a little bit older as they age. If you notice an increase in your utility that powers your furnace it could be time to get a new one.
- Repair after repair - Our furnace repair technicians will always be out to fix your unit, but you shouldn't be getting to know them personally because of one repair after another. At some point, one more furnace repair call is going to be more expensive when you consider replacement is around the corner.
- An incredibly expensive repair - When it comes to repairing an old unit, our Griffith furnace installation experts will always walk you through the decision of repair vs replacement.
Call Today for 24 Hour Furnace Repair
If you’re concerned about the performance of your furnace, there is only one name to remember: Meyer’s. We are proud to provide our customers with professional and knowledgeable service. Our technicians are even available 24/7 for emergency furnace repair and installation in the Griffith area.
Call (219) 240-0610 to receive prompt, reliable Griffith furnace repair & installation services.
Our customerS love usHear What They Have to Say
Work was done quickly and I was all warm and cozy again- Happy Customer
The technicians are skilled, professional and friendly- Happy Customer
They did great work- Danny M.
In the end, they fixed the problem- Happy Customer
Very happy with their work and especially with the prices- Karen O.