Providing Safe, Reliable Electrical Services
Your home’s electrical system is one area where you can’t risk hiring the wrong contractor. An inexperienced electrician could cost you additional time and money or even create a safety hazard in your home. Our licensed, experienced electrical contractors won’t leave you in the dark. From residential generators to electrical panel upgrades and household electrical repairs, Meyer’s is the right choice in Griffith, Highland, Lowell, Hammond, Schereville, Gary, and the surrounding Northwest Indiana-South Chicagoland region.
Severe storms are common in our area, but that doesn’t mean you have to be at the mercy of the power company. A residential generator is affordable and easy to use.
It also offers several benefits such as:
- Keeping your refrigerator and freezer running during blackouts by calling Meyer’s for a new generator installation.
- Protecting your home-based business from completely shutting down.
- Staving off extreme heat or cold to preserve your health.
Our Griffith electricians will meet with you to discuss your goals and your budget. We’ll explain your generator options and make product recommendations. All your questions will be answered, and we’ll complete the generator installation on time and on budget. Our reputation depends on it, and so can you.
Electrical Repairs & Installation
Emergency electrical repair service is available 24 hours a day from Meyer’s electricians. Every member of our team has passed a background check and earned professional certification. We promise that our electricians will treat you and your property with respect and courtesy.
Our electricians are qualified to handle all types of electrical repair services including:
- Wiring upgrades
- Circuit breaker repair
- Building code compliance
- Upgraded electrical panels
- Additional outlets and fixture boxes
- New construction and remodeling projects
5 Subtle Signs You Need An Electrician
1. Buzzing - While electricity may do a ton of miraculous things, it's supposed to do so silently. If you're hearing any of your electrical appliances, make sure to contact the manufacturer but if it's coming from your lights or electrical panel then call in your local Griffith electrician.
2. Flickering lights - When your electrical grid is spread too thin, your flickering lights will be one of the first signs telling you that. You'll likely need to curb your electrical consumption or upgrade your electrical panel.
3. A power brick attached to another - While it may seem safe to do so, connecting power bricks to one another is a fire hazard. You just need another electrical outlet nearby and we can do that for you with ease.
4. An electrical outlet that's warm to the touch - Even if your outlet is just remotely warm, give your local electrician a call. The wiring on the inside of the outlet wasn't done correctly and it could get hotter leading to a tripped circuit or blown fuse.
5. A fuse box or repeated tripped circuits - Fuse boxes have been considered unsafe for decades and you should upgrade from one ASAP. If your circuit breaker keeps causing problems there could be something awry with your electrical grid as a whole.
Call Today for Electrical Services in Griffith
With more than 60 years in business serving Northwest Indiana and South Chicagoland, Meyer’s knows what customers want from electricians. We have the reputation to back up our service-oriented approach, and we’re proud to have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. We deliver reliable electrical repairs and services, including circuit breaker repair, and great generator installations at a fair price to keep our customers coming back.