Griffith Heating Repair
Reliable Heating Replacement Technicians Available 24/7
When your heating system is malfunctioning, Meyer’s is your choice for expert and efficient repair. Winters in Northwest Indiana can be long and cold, with lots of bone-chilling snow and damp. You don’t want your heater to go out on you when it’s this cold! Meyer’s is here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with the most trustworthy heating services in the Griffith area. We know exactly what it takes to fix your heater, and we’ll do it with haste! Our NATE-certified and highly trained repair technicians have years of experience working with the latest models of furnaces, heat pumps, boilers, and other heater types. When you call us with a problem, we’ll send out a technician immediately to diagnose it and begin the repair.
Call (219) 240-0610 to schedule an appointment with our Griffith heating repair professionals.
Signs You Need Heating Repair
1. Cold spots or inconsistent heating - If you're not getting the same amount of heating that you're used to then first check to see if you have substantial air coming out of your vents. You could have blocked air vents, faulty heating element, duct work that needs or a blower fan on the fritz call in our Griffith heating repair experts to get to the bottom of it.
2. Weird smells - The first time you turn on your furnace of the season you may smell some burning dust. If anything else smells like it's burning in your heating unit, then you need heating repair. If you smell rotten eggs then you have a gas leak.
3. Loud noises - Not all sounds are alike, but by now you should know what your heating sounds like. If you notice any abrupt changes then make sure to mention them to our Griffith heating repair professionals when they arrive because some sounds could get worse as time goes on
Troubleshooting Your Furnace
Are you having trouble with your heating system? Sometimes, furnace or heater issues have simple solutions that you can do yourself.
Try these handy remedies to see if you can fix the problem before you call us:
- Check your thermostat to make sure that it’s set for the furnace or heater to run.
- Check the power to your furnace or heater and make sure that the circuit breaker is in working order and your switches are flipped correctly.
- Check the air filter for your furnace and replace it if it is dirty or dusty.
If none of these fix the problem, listen closely to the noises that your heater is making before you call a professional. If you know what’s going on in your system, it will be easier for us to fix it!
Signs You Need Heating Replacement
1. Old age - If your heating unit is over 15 years old, you should think twice before throwing more money into heating repair. Contact our Griffith heating replacement experts if it's an expensive repair because putting more money into a dying unit is more expensive in the long run.
2. Poor indoor air quality - Particularly older gas units have the propensity to pump out dryer and dryer heat as they get towards the end of their lives. If you notice an uptick in dry or irritated skin and wilting plants then heating replacement might be the better option for you.
3. Rising utility bills - As HVAC units age they may get less efficient as time goes on. What this means is they'll need more gas or electricity to keep the same indoor air temperature and that additional work will cost you on your monthly utility bill so call in our Griffith heating replacement experts.
Types of New Heating Installations
When it’s time to replace your aging furnace or upgrade to a more energy-efficient heater, Meyer’s is the most reliable source in the Griffith area for installation, consultation, and more. Professional installation of a heating system or a hot water heater requires tools, calculations, and know-how that only we’re guaranteed to have. You need the professionals at Meyer's to install your system correctly and provide enough heat for you and your family. We are experts in helping you choose the right kind of heating system for your home.
The most common types of heating systems are:
- Furnaces – A furnace is easy to use and efficient, with a gas or oil mechanism. We provide gas furnaces with multi-speed blowers, heat exchanger technology, and more.
- Split Heat Pumps – Heat pumps combine cooling and heating mechanisms in a single unit. These are less effective than dedicated heating or cooling units, but they are very energy efficient. Excellent for homes that are very well-insulated.
- Packaged Units – Our package units are great for rooftops and include everything you need to regulate the temperature of your home.
Work was done quickly and I was all warm and cozy again- Happy Customer
The technicians are skilled, professional and friendly- Happy Customer
They did great work- Danny M.
In the end, they fixed the problem- Happy Customer
Very happy with their work and especially with the prices- Karen O.