Are you looking for the best plumber in Valparaiso, Lowell, Griffith, or Porter County? Meyer’s Companies has been serving home plumbing emergencies in the Northwestern Indiana area for over sixty years. We’re proud of our friendly and professional reputation, and we’re happy to provide useful for you to find the right plumber for any plumbing repair or project in your home or your business.
Know Your Project
You may need only a small repair for a pipe or a water source, or you might have a major project in mind such as replacing or repairing a major plumbing appliance or a large section of pipe. If your plumbing is old or hasn’t been installed recently, you might need a more extensive repair or a replacement of much of your plumbing. When you’re installing a new appliance or adding a new wing or room onto your house, you’ll need to make sure you find a reliable contractor with experience in larger renovation projects. Meyer’s Companies is your perfect choice for any small or large project, with plumbing technicians who will successfully diagnose and repair any issue.
Ask For References
Looking on contractor referral sites like Angie’s List can be a good way to get an idea of which businesses are in your area and what services they offer, but word of mouth is the best way to look for services. If you’re looking for a home repair, you may wish to speak to friends, co-workers, or neighbors who may have had personal experiences with contractors they’d like to recommend to you. If you’re looking for a repair technician or a contractor for your business, call contractors and ask them for referrals. Other businesses who have patronized their services will be able to give you unbiased opinions. If you employ a home contractor who outsources their plumbing, ask them who they use. A plumber who is familiar with your main contractor’s work will be familiar with your home and be easily accessible if more work is necessary.
Get a Free Estimate
A good contracting company or a repair technician will be able to provide a free estimate for a larger job without requiring a commitment to using their services. If you are planning a longer term project, get estimates from several contractors. If they can’t give you a precise estimate or if it’s a smaller repair, they should be able to give you a general idea of their rates. The final cost should match the estimate, and any additional charges or changes to the services needed should be discussed in detail between you and your plumber before you agree to them.
Check Your Paperwork
Ask your contractor or technician if they are licensed by the state plumbing commission or another similar organization. You should also ask for a certificate of general liability insurance and worker’s compensation insurance, which will make sure that you’re covered in case a worker is injured on the job or there is damage to your house. Every technician coming to your house should have also earned a professional certification and passed a background check, like every contractor we’ll send to your house at Meyer’s.
Repairs at Meyer’s
When you call Meyer’s for a plumbing repair, we guarantee that we’ll treat you with courtesy and professionalism from start to finish in every possible way:
- We’ll show up at the appointed time promptly, and let you know if there are any urgent or unavoidable delays. If you call us in case of an emergency, we’ll be at your home or your place of business as soon as possible even during inclement weather.
- We’ll perform a diagnostic on your plumbing system to ensure that we can trace the source of the problem exactly, and only make the necessary repairs to fix your issue. We will not charge you extra for unnecessary repairs that are not needed or that won’t fix your problem, unless you request them.
- We’ll bring a complete set of parts and tools so that we won’t have to go back to our headquarters or make you wait for a repair.
- We’ll work unobtrusively and quietly in your home or your place of business to finish your repairs, and we’ll clean up any mess that we make when the repair is finished.
What We Do
Meyer’s plumbing contractors and repair technicians are able to perform any plumbing repair or service you need, including:
- Sump pump and ejector pump installation and repair
- Sewer services including sewer repair and replacement
- Water line replacement and repair
- Home re-piping using up-to-code copper pipes
- Electric water heater installation and repair
- Gas water heater installation and repair
- Tankless water heater installation and repair
Get Meyer’s In Your Corner Today
Do you need a plumbing repair in your house today? Call Meyer’s Companies! You can reach us in Griffith or Valparaiso at (219) 240-0610.