Get Expert-Level Service from Meyer’s
Your plumbing system is designed to last for decades. However, parts do wear out and break. When this happens, you want the problem solved quickly and effectively. Our plumbers in Hammond have extensive experience handling all types of plumbing issues, and we can put that experience to work for you. As a full-service contractor, we can handle any job, big or small. At Meyer's, you can be sure you are getting the best, every time.
To discuss your plumbing needs with our Hammond plumbers, call (219) 240-0610.
Signs You Need A Hammond Plumbing Repair
Keeping your plumbing system maintained is easy. In addition to scheduling yearly plumbing maintenance and inspections, you can also educate yourself on the signs and symptoms of a plumbing issue. Knowing when to call an expert plumber can save you time and money.
Symptoms of a plumbing issue include:
- An unexpected increase in your water bills
- Water stains on walls and ceilings
- Sounds of running water when all your taps are off
- Chronically clogged toilets
- Slow-moving drains
- Odors coming from your pipes
- Low water pressure
- Wet spots in your yard
If you notice any of these signs, it’s a good idea to contact an experienced plumber as soon as possible. If left untreated, plumbing problems can result in extensive property damage, and in cases where your sewer line is involved, a contaminated water supply. Our knowledgeable Hammond plumbers can diagnose your issue, provide you with your repair options, and guide you throughout the process. We can even handle large jobs such as repiping, sewer line replacement, and backflow issues.
24-Hour Emergency Plumbing Services in Hammond
You don't choose when your plumbing system breaks down. In some cases, you can’t wait for the next business day to resolve the issue. If you are experiencing a plumbing emergency, such as a flood or a problem with your water heater gas line, we can help. We also have same-day appointments available for non-emergencies, ensuring that your issues are resolved as quickly as possible, no matter what.
Identifying Problems With Your Water Heater
If you discover a problem with your water heater, there’s no need to panic. Not every issue is serious, and there are some quick fixes you can try if you’re comfortable with some DIY items. If not, you can always call Meyer’s for experienced and reliable water heater repair in Hammond.
- Cold water instead of hot – With a gas-fired water heater, the pilot light may be out, and you just need to re-light it. If it won’t stay lit, a faulty control valve may be the culprit. If that’s not the issue, the thermocouple may have failed. With an electric water heater, you may have a faulty thermostat or top heating element.
- Water on the floor around the tank – If your water is too hot, it can cause the temperature and pressure (T&P) relief valve to open. Simply lowering the temperature on the heater’s thermostat may solve the problem. If the bottom of the tank is leaking rust-colored water, though, you may need to replace the appliance.
- Orange-colored hot water – Rust is present in the storage tank, which usually indicates that the sacrificial anode rod is failing. This rod is designed to rust out so that the tank won’t corrode.
- A rotten egg smell – This occurs when bacteria is growing inside the tank and feeding on hydrogen gas from your anode rod. Drain and flush the tank, then add two pints of a three-percent solution of hydrogen peroxide. Let it sit for two hours, then refill the tank with water. If it happens again, change out the existing anode rod with one made of a zinc alloy.
- High-pitched whining or popping sounds – This indicates that the water inside your gas heater is actually boiling due to excessive sediment. If you have an electric heater, the elements may be coated with sediment, so you’ll need to remove and clean them, in addition to flushing the tank.
Call Meyer’s at (219) 240-0610. Since 1951 we have been Hammond’s go-to plumbing experts.
Work was done quickly and I was all warm and cozy again- Happy Customer
The technicians are skilled, professional and friendly- Happy Customer
They did great work- Danny M.
In the end, they fixed the problem- Happy Customer
Very happy with their work and especially with the prices- Karen O.