Griffith Heating Services
NATE-Certified Heating Experts Serving Northwest Indiana
In both cold and mild climates, an energy-efficient heating appliance provides warmth and comfort when the outdoor temperature begins to fall. A furnace or heat pump purchase is a significant investment in complex technology, and it is important to choose a heating contractor certified and trained in all aspects of heating repair, design, and installation. Homeowners who replace an obsolete furnace with a new 90% AFUE rated model can save up to 30% on the annual cost of heating utilities.
Meyer’s provides customers in our service area with a wide array of comprehensive heating services. Our extensive knowledge of heating systems is your assurance that every system we service will continue to operate dependably and efficiently throughout the equipment lifecycle.
Find more information on our heating services here:
- Heating Repair
- Heating Installation
- Boiler Services
- Furnace Services
- Heat Pump Services
- Commercial Heating
To learn more about our heating services in Griffith, contact Meyer’s at 219-240-0610! We are your leading heating company in Northwest Indiana.
Types of Heating Appliances
In most homes or commercial buildings, either a furnace or heat pump provides the heat. The selection of heating equipment should be based primarily on fuel availability and local climate conditions.
What are the differences between a furnace and a heat pump?
- Furnace – In furnace operation, the relay opens when the thermostat calls for heat. An inducer fan activates, and a valve opens to inject a precise amount of gas into the burner assembly. An electronic ignition system then ignites the gas and the burner heats up the gas to the air heat exchanger. When the heat exchanger reaches the required temperature, the blower engages and draws heated air into the living area. Furnaces are efficient, reliable, and require minimal maintenance. They are popular in areas where natural gas is available and priced competitively.
- Heat pump – Heat pumps operate in the same manner as an air conditioner, employing the refrigeration cycle to exchange thermal energy. The primary difference is that a heat pump includes a reversing valve, which allows the refrigerant to flow in the opposite direction when the unit is in heating mode. Heat pumps are appropriate in areas that have a mild winter climate or where there is no access to natural gas. In certain regions of the country where outdoor temperatures are consistently near freezing, heat pump performance is significantly diminished. Lower outdoor temperatures rapidly degrade efficiency since the available heat in a given volume of air is substantially reduced.
Fast, Reliable Repairs
A malfunctioning heating system can have an adverse effect on our health and safety, especially in small children and the elderly. When the HVAC equipment fails, it is important to hire a professional heating contractor with extensive experience in all aspects of heating repair. Upon receiving a service call, we rapidly dispatch our NATE-certified technicians to accurately identify the source of the problem and quickly replace the faulty components to restore the full functionality of the unit.
What to Look For in a Heating Service Company
- How long have they been in business? We've provided Griffith heating services since 1951, so we have seen and done it all when it comes to maintaining indoor air comfort throughout Midwestern winters.
- Are they available 24/7? We're well aware that breakdowns don't just wait for business hours to happen. We offer 24/7 emergency heating services in Griffith and the surrounding areas and can be there at any hour of the day or night.
- Do they offer financing or money saving opportunities? We want to make sure that you stay warm no matter what. We offer financing options and money saving coupons to help save you money!
- 5-Star Reviews - Having served Northwest Indiana for as long as we have, we've collected a bunch of rave reviews. Read through our reviews to see why our customers love us!
Call Meyer’s now or contact us online for reliable heating services in Griffith!
Work was done quickly and I was all warm and cozy again- Happy Customer
The technicians are skilled, professional and friendly- Happy Customer
They did great work- Danny M.
In the end, they fixed the problem- Happy Customer
Very happy with their work and especially with the prices- Karen O.